Great CPD opportunity - join the AOTI Conference Committee
The AOTI Conference Committee is currently recruiting new members to become involved in the planning of AOTI Conference 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for occupational therapists to contribute to the promotion of the profession, while networking and developing professional competencies.
Applicants must possess the following qualities:
- Be a member ofAOTIor be eligible for membership of AOTI.
- Ability to devote sufficient time and energy to Conference Committee duties including attendance at teleconferences, taking a lead on specifics tasks, responding to emails and follow-up on actions between meetings.
- Good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in group decision-making.
- Demonstrate integrity, high ethical standards and respect of privacy and confidentiality.
Previous involvement or knowledge of the activities of the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland is not necessary. All occupational therapy grades are welcome to apply. Successful applicants will be provided with on-going support from current committee members, the AOTI Management Team Conference Lead and AOTI staff.
Benefits of AOTI Conference Committee Membership
- An opportunity to attend AOTI Conference 2020 for free.
- A CPD experience for basic grade and senior grade occupational therapists to enhance professional skills such as team work, feedback implementation, resource management and event planning.
- An opportunity to gain insight to the activities of your professional body.
- An opportunity to gain insight to the role of occupational therapy outside of your own practice setting, through analysing delegate feedback, conducting abstract reviews, attending conference presentations and networking.
- A chance to contribute to strengthening AOTI and the voice of Irish occupational therapists in line with AOTI Strategy 2017-2022.
Applicants will be assessed by the Conference Committee in consultation with the AOTI Management Team. The deadline for the receipt of expressions of interest is 25thSeptember 2019. Please send a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com using the subject line Conference Committee.
We look forward to hearing from you – Conference Committee