ASI Wise AYRES SENSORY INTEGRATION ONLINE MODULE 1
|Date||17 Sep 2019|
ASI WISE CLASI Certification in Ayres’ Sensory Integration. This module will provide OTs with a sound basis for the application of the theory of sensory integration for clinical practice.
The latest advancements in neuroscience support the application of the theory of sensory integration as an approach to dealing with children, adolescents, adults, and older adults.
The focus of Sensory Integration module 1 will be on the theory of sensory integration, the central nervous system, the neuroscience of sensory systems, modulation, praxis, and the principles of evaluation and intervention in sensory integration.
This online module provides in-depth lectures accompanied by supplemental videos and assignments to enhance your experience.
CASI Module 1 is run by ASI -WISE in conjunction with CLASI, with attendance certification provided by ASI WISE and all monthly mentor online sessions provided by ASI WISE. View more course information here: https://sensoryproject.org/courses/casi/
Aims of the training:
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Define scientific theory, model and frame of reference
- Recognize core principles and concepts of Ayres Sensory Integration® Theory
- Describe the common patterns of sensory integration dysfunction and their proposed neural correlations
- Describe the neurological structures and their functions involved in the process of sensory integration
- Describe the relationship between sensory integration and participation in everyday activities and occupations
- Describe the functional implications and occupational factors in relation to changes of sensory impairments;
- Discuss the praxis and its role in performance and behaviour.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.