Advanced Practice in Parkinson’s Disease
|Venue||Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue, Dublin|
|Date||24 Mar 2020|
This one-day workshop provides OTs with the opportunity to build on foundational knowledge of Parkinson’s disease.
The training will focus on the less well understood problems encountered by many people with Parkinson’s disease which can impact significantly on functional performance and daily life. Practical interventions and rehabilitation strategies, plus other resources for improved management will be covered
- Visual issues in Parkinson’s – a review of the evidence with regard to visual problems experienced by some people with Parkinson’s, and how these impact on activities of daily living (ADL) and mobility. Practical interventions forthe management of visual disturbances
- Neuropsychiatric issues in Parkinson’s – includinganxiety,depression,medicationside effects, dopamine disregulation syndrome, hallucinations, psychosis, Capgrass Syndrome. Improving knowledge of these conditions and some possible sources of support
- PD plus syndromes – an overview of MSA, PSP and other forms of Parkinsonism. Broaden your knowledge of other less well known movement disorders closely related to Parkinson’s disease
- The special needs of younger people with Parkinson’s – better understand the impact of an early diagnosis of Parkinson’s on relationships, work and socialroles.Providing support and making use of resources
- Evidence based strategies for micrographia and how to teach them
Facilitators: Anna Aragon, Harrison Training
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.