All About Wheelchair Lifts - housing training for OTs
|Event Date||17 May 2021|
|Time||9.30am - 12.30pm|
Please note this course will refer to Irish standards, guidelines and building regulations.
This module explores the range of lift options available for domestic properties (Home Lifts) and overviews the pros and cons of a wide range of both external and internal lifts. It can be extremely useful for occupational therapists and other adaptation professionals to be aware of the range of lifts available, as these can serve as alternatives to step modification or ramping, particularly where constraints of space preclude the latter.
The course covers:
- Client considerations and discussion on how these can affect lift choice / design
- Overview of the range of lifts available and the pros & cons of each (including stairlifts, platform lifts, through-floor lifts, flexsteps and freestanding stairclimbers)
- Key design principles and criteria relating to lifts and provision of the Viva Access Lift Design Brief
- Key space standards regarding approach routes to, and positioning of, lifts
- Measuring up both stairs/steps and disabled clients for potential stairlifts
- Discussion and guidance on lifts and means of escape
- Overview of regulations and/or design guidance pertaining to steps (risers, goings and nosings)
This module runs from 9.30am - 12.30pm. Please note this is a live webinar session. You must attend at the time specified.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.