All about stairlifts and wheelchairs
Housing training with Viva Access
|Event Date||6 Dec 2022|
|Time||9.30 am - 12.30 pm|
This workshop is now open for booking via Viva Access.
AOTI members: €40
Non members: €75
- - - - - - - - - -
This module explores the range of lift options available for both ambulant disabled users and wheelchair users within domestic properties and other residential settings (Home Lifts). It overviews the pros and cons of both internal and external seated stairlifts, wheelchair stairlifts, platform lifts, free standing stair-climbers, flex-steps and through floor lifts. An invaluable module for occupational therapists and other adaptation professionals working with users experiencing difficulty overcoming changes in level, particularly where constraints of space preclude the possibility of ramping. The course is live and interactive and led by a highly experienced trainer. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD
- Be able to assess client considerations and discuss how these can affect lift choice / design
- Be able to discuss the range of lifts available and the pros and cons for each (including stairlifts, platform lifts, through-floor lifts, flex-steps and free-standing stairclimbers)
- Have increased confidence specifying for both ambulant disabled users and wheelchair users
- Understand how to measure up both staircases and disabled clients for potential stair lifts
- Have received a copy of the Viva Access Lift Design Brief and understand how to use it
- Be familiar with issues relating to lifts and means of escape
- Have explored some potential liability issues relating to lift maintenance, warranties, client reviews and giving of informed consent
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificate issued
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.
Adverts for third party services, courses, vacancies or products do not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or validation by AOTI.