Assessment & Management of Fatigue
|Venue||Valerie Place room, Centre for Learning & Development, St. James' Hospital, Dublin 8|
|Event Date||24 Feb 2020 09:00|
This one-day workshop aims to enable OTs to better understand fatigue, identify and assess fatigue, and implement appropriate treatment programmes within the context of their clinical areas as part of a wider healthcare team.
- What is fatigue?
- Primary and secondary fatigue
- Models from cancer and CFS/ME
- Barriers to engagement when someone has fatigue
- Common challenges
- The role of activity
- Principles of engagement
- Key factors to be considered in assessment
- Use of standardised assessments tools
- Comparisons between different clinical areas
- Discussion on how to increase successful outcomes in practice
- Strategies for establishing baselines and setting graded incremental programmes
Dr. Sue Pemberton, Specialist Occupational Therapist and Therapy Director, PhD, MSc, Dip COT. Yorkshire Fatigue Clinic www.yorkshirefatigueclinic.co.uk
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.