Assistive Technology for Education
Suitable for OTs working in Paediatric settings
||On-line live session
||21 Oct 2020 - 22 Oct 2020
When: 21st and 22nd October at 9:30am to 1pm. The two live on-line sessions run concurrently and it is intended that participants attend both sessions.
This Assistive Technology for Education course aims to equip paediatric Occupational Therapists with knowledge and practical experience of the various apps, hardware and software that clients would need to be recommended for them to have equal access to education to their peers.
This live online course will be carried out over two half-days and the content will include information and practical experience with the following:
- Posture and Ergonomics in the classroom
- Alternative Mice and Keyboards
- Apps/software for grammar and spelling
- Apps/software for note-taking
- Apps/software for mind-mapping
- Apps/software for timetabling and organisation
- The Assistive Technology Grant and RACE (Reasonable Accommodations at the Certificate Examinations)
Hilary Cotter has been practising as an Occupational Therapist for over 20 years. She has extensive experience of working with both adults and children with physical and learning disabilities, in a variety of roles and settings across Ireland and the UK. She has worked in the paediatric Occupational Therapy Department and the Specialised Seating service of the Central Remedial Clinic and has also worked in the dedicated Assistive Technology services of both the Central Remedial Clinic and Enable Ireland. In 2018 she founded Brighter Future A.T., a private practice Assistive Technology assessment and support service for both children and adults. She also works as an Expert Witness in Assistive Technology for court cases and is the only Clinical Specialist in Assistive Technology working in private practice in Ireland.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.