Dementia-specific Postural Care
|Event Date||2 Dec 2021|
|Time||1pm - 4pm|
- To understand the profound impact that poor positioning has on the physical health of individuals with dementia, but also their care needs.
- To understand an explanatory model based on the non-verbal cues given by clients with dementia to indicate that their body perception is in decline, this decline is due to the sensorimotor disintegration that the brain of the person with dementia is confronted with.
- To enhance participants’ understanding of how caregivers can provide specific sensory stimuli to the tactile, proprioceptive, and vestibular systems. These stimuli support the individual in need of additional feedback according to the principles of sensorimotor integration therapy.
- Learn to apply a dynamic modular positioning system to provide specific tactile, proprioceptive, and vestibular stimuli to the brain whilst lying comfortably in bed.
- Learn how to gain control regarding muscular tone and avoid negative consequences such as contracture formation, structural postural deviations and movement restrictions, pressure ulcers. Thus, care problems are reduced.
Facilitator: Jo de Clercq, PT
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.