Functional Assessment Measure / Functional Independence Measure
|Venue||University Hospital Limerick Clinical Education and Research Centre|
|Start Date 1||12 Sep 2019 09:30|
One-day workshop on FIM & FAM (Functional Independence Measure; Functional Assessment Measure)
The Functional Independence Measure (FIM) is an 18-item global measure of disability. Each item is scored on 7 ordinal levels. The FIM can be used for measuring disability in a wide range of conditions, particularly with neurological conditions and in older persons’ rehabilitation.
The Functional Assessment Measure does not stand alone but specifically addresses cognitive and psychosocial function, which are often the major limiting factors for outcome in brain injury.
This workshop will provide attendees with the necessary theoretical knowledge to enable implementation of the FIM+FAM as an outcome measure in clinical practice. In essence FIM+FAM provides a framework for a comprehensive, holistic and focused assessment and outcome measurement process.
A map of directions will be sent to each attendee via email.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.