Housing for users with Dementia
Online training for OTs
|Event Date||11 Nov 2020|
The AOTI CPD Team is delighted to offer this workshop a second time in response to strong demand from our members.
This course is aimed at all those interested in the area of dementia care and housing.
It explores a wide range of adaptation and other issues (as indicated below) and is a good introductory course for anyone wishing to understand essential issues relating to the maintenance of people with dementia in their home environments.
It explores a variety of common scenarios and overviews a range of specialist equipment (including smart technology and telecare).
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD
- Have increased and developed knowledge and understanding of the housing needs for those affected by a dementia diagnosis.
- Be able to identify key features requiring attention when assessing the housing needs of those affected by dementia
- Have improved confidence in prescribing adaptations and alterations to the home environment
- Have explored ways of advising and liaising with families and carers of those with dementia
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment options (including smart technology and telecare) and their uses in relation to maintaining people with dementia in their home environments
- Have explored adaptation and other issues pertaining to different family arrangements (e.g. receiving full, partial or no supervision or assistance) and different housing circumstances e.g. living in rural areas vs living in cities or towns.
- Have knowledge of further sources of information such as useful websites, publications and organisations relating to dementia care and housing
Facilitators: VIVA Access
This is a three hour live webinar session.
The course runs from 9.30am - 12.30pm
You must be able to attend at this time.
You will need: steady interenet connection, sound enabled computer, Zoom webinar app
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.