How supervision and reflective practice can support professional development necessary for CORU registration.
Another chance to attend this webinar session
|Event Date||18 May 2021 09:00 - 18 May 2021 10:30|
YOU MUST LOG IN TO AVAIL OF THE MEMBERS RATE. Requests to refund overpayment will be processed within 6-8 weeks.
Facilitated by Aine O'Dea. This is another chance to attend a session on reflective practice and supervision on May 18th. This is a course run for AOTI members.
Occupational therapists are mandated to maintain their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) - that is to say, they are obliged to “maintain and improve their knowledge, skills and competence, and develop the professional qualities required throughout their professional life” (CORU, 2013). Clinical Supervision is an essential component of an occupational therapist’s practice (Martin, Copley and Tyack, 2014), it provides a means for the therapist to monitor and maintain their professional competence while continuing to enhance their professional development (AOTI, 2010). Given that reflective practice is an integral part of supporting the normative (accountability), formative (learning) and restorative functions of clinical supervision, an effective supervisor should be adept in the key competencies and skills that underpin a constructive clinical supervision partnership.
After this webinar occupational therapists should be able to:
- Define the core components of supervision.
- Identify how reflective practice can enhance professional development and documentation of continuing professional development.
- Describe various reflective practice models.
- Select a reflective practice model that they can implement and use to support their own supervision practices.
Delivery method: This webinar will be delivered via a live training session on Zoom. (90 minutes)
Time: 9am - 10.30am
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.