Kitchen Adaptation & Design for OTs (Ireland)
|Event Date||11 May 2021|
|Time||9.30am - 12.30pm|
Please note this course will refer to Irish standards, guidelines and building regulations.
This module explores key issues relating to the adaptation and design of kitchens and dining spaces for disabled people. In this course you will:
- discuss client considerations relating to kitchens and learn how these can influence the design of new housing or adaptation of existing spaces
- overview optimum layouts and space standards for kitchens
- explore ways of incorporating flexibility into kitchen design
- explore a wide range of equipment & appliance options
- observe demonstrations on how to measure seated individuals for worktop heights, wall cupboards, toe recesses
- experience problem solving kitchen adaptation issues within a group setting
Facilitator: VIVA Access
This module runs from 9.30am - 12.30pm. Please note this is a live webinar session. You must attend at the time specified.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.