LGBT+ Awareness & Good Practice Guidelines
|Venue||The Centre for Learning and Development, Tallaght Hospital|
|Start Date 1||11 Oct 2019 09:00|
|End Date 1||11 Oct 2019 16:00|
This training is planned to in follow up on the LGBT+ Awareness and Good Practice Guidelines which were published in Spring 2019. It is estimated that approximately 1 in 10 occupational therapy clients identify as LGBT+ Research has also shown the inequalities and difficulties that LGBT+ face when accessing healthcare. Therefore there is a need for occupational therapists, as healthcare providers, to have a good understanding of LGBT+ people and their experiences, and to be able to provide inclusive practice for all.
Aims of Training:
- Improve understanding of LGBT+ related terms, and increase confidence in using them correctly.
- Encourage participants to reflect on their own positionality, in-built biases, raising awareness around the subtle ways their practice may be informed by these.
- Explore the Good Practice Guidelines and 4 P's Model, offering the opportunity to discuss these in relation to the realities of practice.
- Apply acquired knowledgefrom both guidelines and training to the various practice areas that course participants belong to.
This training will equip participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to provide inclusive and appropriate healthcare to LGBT+ clients.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.