Law Courses with La Touche
Report Writing and Court Room Skills
|Start Date 1||17 May 2022|
|Start Date 2||18 May 2022|
Effective Recording and Report Writing
When: 17th May, 9:30 am
Cost: 195 euro for AOTI members (normally 295 euro)
*A discount code is required to avail of the reduced price. Please contact AOTI CPD staff for this code. This reduced price is only available for AOTI members.
Is documentation within your service adequate to allow for clear comprehensive communication and to satisfy GDPR requirements?
This intensive one-day training programme will equip delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to create clinical records and reports that adhere to best practice standards, that comply with GDPR requirements and that will stand up to legal scrutiny.
Key Learning Points:
- The importance of good record keeping
- Understand the function of their records
- Understand the function of records and GDPR requirements
- Learn the components of good record keeping
- Understand how records are used as evidence in legal proceedings
- Learn how to create a report with the assistance of their records
- Look at appropriate layout, format and style for their reports
- Be able to identify the issues and the facts, and the source and weight of those facts
- Analyse sample reports to help develop an objective and critical eye for report writing
Court Room Skills Training
When: 18th May, 9:30am
Cost: 295 euro for AOTI members (normally 395)
A highly practical and experiential legal training course designed for any professional who may be called upon to give evidence in any legal forum; civil or criminal. Delegates will learn how to present evidence under cross-examination by looking at the theory, practice & procedure of giving evidence and will then practice their skills in a cross-examination roleplay.
The courtroom skills training course is an intensive and highly practical day. The procedures in giving evidence, the order of events in court, the roles of different people in the court and the process of giving evidence will be explained. The techniques lawyers use to disconcert and discredit witnesses will also be examined. The morning session is designed to demystify the process of giving evidence. In the afternoon session delegates will experience being cross-examined by a lawyer on a fictional case study. The trainer will give constructive feedback on their particular witness box presentation.
Key Learning Points
- How the adversarial system works
- The procedures, order of events and roles of those in the adversarial systems
- How to prepare for giving evidence
- Taking the oath/affirmation with confidence
- Techniques lawyers use in cross-examination and how to handle them
- How to give clear, honest and objective evidence
- How to make appropriate use of supporting evidence, documents and notes when giving evidence
- How to give confident and clear testimony under cross-examination
* If you would like to atte there are lower number of attendees required for the courtroom skills training. nd both days trainng there is an offer price of 445 euro to do this. This is subject to availability of spaces as there are lower number of attendees required for the courtroom skills training.
Find out more on attending the two days here: