Management of conditions affecting the thumb
BAHT Level 2 training
|Tallaght University Hospital, Dublin
|7 Mar 2024 - 9 Mar 2024
- This is a HSE subsidised event.
- Priority will be given to HSE/public sector employees.
- In order to attend this course you must be able to demonstrate either BAHT Level I training or two years hand therapy experience.
- BAHT-registered members can contact AOTI for a discount: [email protected]
- Please read course details carefully
Diagnostic skills, knowledge and practical application of therapy for the management of thumb conditions are essential for OTs working in the areas of orthopaedics, plastics and rheumatology. This course is suitable for OTs working in this area, with an emphasis on the management of all thumb conditions.
- Overview of conditions of thumb,
- Possible causation
- Potential pathologies
- Physical risk factors
- Treatments of conditions of thumb
On completing this course, OTs will be able to
- Demonstrate the range of methods of assessing the thumb
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and practical aspects of potential treatments for specific problems related to thumb injuries / acquired conditions
- Demonstrate an evidence based understanding of the impact on the thumb of common hand conditions / injuries
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development / mechanics of instabilities and deformities around the thumb
- successfully complete the exam and written assignment
Course providers: N.E.S. Hand Therapy training (UK)
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.
- Please read our CPD events cancellation/refund policy. See AOTI T&Cs