Managing sleep difficulties in children CANCELLED
|Event Date||13 Jun 2020|
This workshop has been cancelled. All booking fees will be refunded in full
This one-day workshop will be of interest to occupational therapists working with children and young people.
Sleep difficulties are significantly impacting on occupational engagement for young people. It is having a knock on effect on their ability to self-regulate, plan and organise themselves during the day, do school work, homework, social interaction and leisure. It also appears to be having a significant impact on mental health.
- Sleep as an Occupational need
- Association of sleep patterns with psychological health and health complaints in children and adolescents
- Sleep problems and depression
- Connections between sleep and developmental issues
- Effects of sleep deprivation
- Hormones and sleep
- Sensory Processing and sleep
- Parent teaching
- Exploring adolescent sleep hygiene practices
- Sleep environment impact
Facilitator: Fiona O'Farrell OT
Fiona has worked in the area of Paediatrics for over twenty years as a Senior OT in the NHS, HSE and Private Practice.
She specialises in Early Childhood Development and has a special interest in the role of sleep on Occupation.
Fiona is passionate Occupational Therapists have a vital role in contributing to both the assessment of sleep difficulties and intervention programmes/strategies to help children develop the tools to develop healthy sleep patterns.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.