Mental Health Advisory Group Study Day 2021
A Spotlight on Occupational Therapy Research in Mental Health
|Event Date||16 Apr 202116 Apr 2021|
AOTI MHAG Online Study Day 16th April 2021
09:15- 09:55 MHAG AGM (Open to AOTI Members Only)
10:00 – 10:10 Opening Address from MHAG
10:10 - 10:35 Cognitive remediation & social recovery in early psychosis (CREST-R): protocol for a randomised pilot study Emma Frawley, Senior Occupational Therapist & YOULEAD Clinical Research Fellow, NUI Galway
10:35 – 11:00 The impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the lives of people living in long term care facilities: a mixed methods approach Aisling Hill, Occupational Therapist, St Marys Rehabilitation Unit and Cluain Lir CNU, Mullingar.
11:00 – 11:25 Exploring service users’ experience of telehealth Occupational Therapy interventions in Adult Mental Health Services, Cork during the COVID 19 pandemic Sonia O’ Leary & Kate O’ Callaghan, Occupational Therapist , South Lee Mental Health Service
11:25 – 11:45 BREAK
11:45 – 12:10 Enabling Occupational Engagement in the Transition to Independent Living using a Longitudinal Case Study Approach Dr Claire Murphy, Cavan Monaghan Mental Health Service
12:10 – 12:35 ‘Kickstart to Recovery’ programme; two studies investigating the impact of the football programme for mental health service users in an Irish Context Amy Tuite & Hannah Casey, Occupational Therapists, Trinity College Dublin
12:35 – 13:00 The Discover/Recover Theatre Project: A Social Impact Study Mairead Connaughton and Paula Lowney, Senior Occupational Therapists in HSE Wexford Mental Health Service
13:00 – 13:25 A Gardening and Woodwork Group in Mental Health: Our Experience as Novice Researchers Róisín Sinnott & Maria Rowlis, Occupational Therapists, Wexford Mental Health Service
13:25 – 13:35 Closing Address from MHAG
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.