Motivational Interviewing Level One
4 half-day online event
|Start Date 1||25 Nov 2020|
|End Date 1||26 Nov 2020|
|Start Date 2||9 Dec 2020|
|End Date 2||10 Dec 2020|
This is a four half-day online training event running from 9:30am - 12pm each day.
It will be facilitated by Jim O' Shea.
Motivational interviewing (MI) is a form of collaborative brief intervention which strengthens a client’s own internal motivation and commitment to change. It is essentially a brief, person-centred counselling style which addresses the common problem of ambivalence (or uncertainty) about change by paying particular attention to the language of change (or change talk). It is designed to strengthen the individual's motivation for, and movement toward, a specific change goal by eliciting and exploring the person’s own reasons for change.
Some topics covered to include:
- Principles and spirit of Motivational Interviewing and person centred care
- Models of change
- Motivational Interviewing core skills
- Motivational Interviewing: skills and processes overview
- Dealing with ambivalence to change – practical exercises
- Talking behaviour change
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.