OPAG Study Day 2021
Older Persons Advisory Study Day Online
|Event Date||22 Apr 2021|
AOTI OPAG Virtual study morning 22nd April 2021.
9:00am – 13:30pm
Theme: Older persons, dementia interventions and quality initiatives during the COVID 19 pandemic.
9:00 Introduction from the OPAG committee
9:15 “Delirium management in the ED”
Kara Mcloughlin, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin.
9:45 “Memory Technology Resource Rooms in Ireland”
Gillian Dullea, Memory Harbour service, Clonskeagh, Dublin.
10:30 “Brain Health in the context of a memory assessment service”
Joshi Dookhy & Cathy McHale, Tallaght University Hospital, Dublin.
11:00 Quality Improvement projects
- Home based activities for dementia care; Emma O Brien
- Aromatherapy and Massage in a residential care setting; Bonita McDonald
- Developing a Reablement program for older adults within home support services in county Sligo; Clare Cullen
12:00 “Use of technology in the day hospital; adapting to COVID 19”
Paul Diamond, Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Dublin.
12:30 Quality Improvement projects
- Stroke resource folder St. James`s Hospital ; Rhianna Healy
- The efficacy of FIM +FAM in measuring outcomes in stroke rehabilitation; Niamh Crowley.
- Discharge to assess pilot- St. Luke’s Kilkenny
- Vincent’s University Hospital EDITH service; Aidan Delaney
13:30 Closing remarks from OPAG committee
Registration will be via AOTI website. It is free of charge for AOTI members and for non-members a fee of €50 will apply. Please log into Zoom on the day using the name you registered with. Non registered names will not be admitted into the Zoom room. For any questions, please email OPAG@aoti.ie .
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.