Postural management in sitting and lying
24 hour postural care
|Venue||Primary Care Centre, Grogan Road, Wexford|
|Start Date 1||16 Oct 2019 18:05|
How closely are they related? What are our best practices? This one-day HSE funded course aims to support participants to understand the link between common habitual lying postures and their consequent impact on the seated posture.
The workshop will be facilitated by seating specialist, Sharon Sutherland PT MISCP MNAPTA. Since the late 80’s Sharon has been conducting detailed hands-on assessments for individuals presenting with more complex postural deviations and needs and who function from a seated position. She has learned that positive and measurable improvement in the body shapes so common among the people she has served can only happen through consistent 24 hour postural care with outcome focussed provision both during the day and at night time. The concept of an ideal sitting and lying footprint will be reviewed. Participants will look at common symptoms seen every day in the seated client and explore whether they are really identifying the cause of the problem or reacting to the associated symptoms. Case stories, interactive discussion as well as an actual client evaluation (TBC) will be used to navigate through this critical assessment and discovery process
Participants will be able to
1. Describe the impact of their clients sleep position on their seated position/alignment
2. List the key steps for a successful “24 Hour Postural Care Assessment” (sitting and lying down hands on assessment)
3. Identify 3 commonly seen symptoms in the seated client
4. Create an option A and an option B prescription solution in generic terms for 2 of the most common assessment findings in both the sitting and lying orientations
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.