Psycho-Sensory Intervention: Advanced Level
Psycho-Sensory Intervention in Action
|Venue||F2 Centre, Rialto, Dublin 8|
|Event Date||6 Sep 2022 - 7 Sep 2022|
Based on neurobiological foundations, with a holistic understanding of how the brain organises arousal, trauma, executive functions and movement, this advanced level, two-day workshop combines a range of approaches to support clients.
This is a practical, in-person workshop that builds on the introductory training on Psycho-Sensory Intervention run online by Kim Barthel in September 2021 & again in March 2022.
We will explore psycho-therapeutic relational interventions, attachment theory, sensory processing and body-based practices that enhance regulation and daily functioning. Through a combination of clinical reasoning, demonstrations, labs and group problem solving, this workshop will provide a deeper dive into the treatment process from a psycho-sensory perspective.
Participants Will Develop:
- Clinical reasoning skills to assess and appreciate the interaction of developmental trauma, attachment, sensory processing and movement using the psycho-sensory model
- Deepen observation skills of non-verbal communication, body language and posture as important contextual information of a client’s arousal states and insight into their states of safety or relative danger
- An understanding of treatment options within a holistic model to support co-regulation and self-regulation
- Psycho-therapeutic relational skills within the sensory-motor context
- Sensory strategies for the treatment of stress responses and dysregulation
- Posture and movement interventions to create mind-body shifts related to mental health challenges
Applicants must have already completed Kim’s 7.5 hour online Psycho-Sensory Intervention. This can still be completed through the recordings online; information and booking HERE : https://relationshipmatters.thinkific.com/courses/psycho-sensory-intervention-with-aoti-level-one
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Kim Barthel OT (CA)
Kim Barthel is an occupational therapist, trans-disciplinary teacher and author with specific expertise in supporting function, healing and learning across many contexts. Focussed on reinforcing the importance of relationship in the therapeutic process, Kim’s interests and teaching specialities include understanding complex behaviour, Attachment Theory, Movement, Sensory-Processing, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Addiction, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Mental Health. She is an advanced paediatric Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT) instructor and invests most of her energy today leading training to a range of therapists, educators, special-needs care providers and parents related to holistic clinical reasoning and trauma-sensitive practice.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.