Seating Assessment & Solutions: Level One ** CANCELLED **
|Venue||Enable Ireland, Sandymount Clinic, Dublin 4|
|Event Date||30 Mar 2020 - 1 Apr 2020|
** PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is subject to cancellation in light of HSE COVID-19 recommendations, March 12th 2020. **
The AOTI CPD Team will inform all participants by Wednesday March 18th 2020 if the event is being cancelled.
AOTI is pleased to announce a new CPD course now open for booking: Seating Assessment & Solutions- Level One
The assessment and provision of suitable seating and wheelchair devices to service users can be a challenging activity for all those involved.
Correctly prescribed equipment can enhance a person’s daily life, their health and posture. Here at SeatTech we have developed a 3-Day Training course for people working in the field of seating and mobility in order to enable them to develop their skills in seating assessment and provision and to increase their knowledge of this important area of practice.
Who should attend Level One Training ?
This foundation training module will provide participants with an overview of general solutions to meet more common non -complex seating and mobility challenges.
Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Clinical Engineering members of the SeatTech team will be delivering this training. Each trainer has many years experience working in the field of seating and mobility.
- To provide participants with knowledge of the basic principles of seating and related mobility
- To provide an overview of the importance of 24 hour postural management as a fundamental approach to maintaining health and function, not least seating and mobility.
- To increase course participant's confidence in their ability to manage the seating and mobility assessment and provision process.
- To provide participants with an understanding of the methods, tools and language used in the process
- To give an overview of general solutions to meet the more common seating and mobility challenges
- To promote best practice
This three-day course will include interactive presentations and hands-on activities.
Modules will include….
- Considerations for maintaining or enhancing independence.
- Posture … what are we trying to achieve?
- Recognising the importance of all-day positioning.
- Anatomical and bony landmarks
- How we sit (Biomechanics)
- Assessment and measurement
- Gathering findings and objective setting
- Solutions to generic problems.
- Linking challenges and solutions to general conditions
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.