Sensory Attachment Intervention with adults and adolescents
Online / hybrid workshop
|Venue||Days 1-3 - Online; Days 4-6 - Lucena Clinic, Rathgar, Dublin 6|
|Start Date 1||22 Nov 2023|
|End Date 1||24 Nov 2023|
|Start Date 2||29 Nov 2023|
|End Date 2||1 Dec 2023|
- This is a HSE subsidised event.
- Priority will be given to HSE/public sector employees.
- Prioririty will be given particularly to those working in homeless services with adults experiencing trauma-related / addiction issues who also may have another disability.
- Please read course details carefully
This six day course trains therapists in the use of Sensory Attachment Intervention with adults and adolescents.
Days 1-3 are online
Days 4-6 will take place in person
This course introduces Sensory Attachment Intervention (SAI). It trains therapists in the use of the Just Right State Programme (JRS) for Adults and Adolescents, and in the use of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) Profile Questionnaire. SAI looks at the process of regulation and co-regulation from an integrative and neurosequential perspective.
The Just Right State Programme can be used with individuals, groups or families. It focuses on developing the capacity for self-regulation, co-regulation and reflective functioning. The Just Right State Programme was developed for individuals who struggled to participate in intervention programmes because of their incapacity to regulate their emotional states.The Autonomic Nervous System Profile Questionnaire is a self-report questionnaire that looks at indicators of stress, survival behaviour responses and self-regulating behaviours.It is an exploratory tool for use with individuals to help formulate their regulating needs.
- Priority will be given to OTs working in CAMHS / Mental Health Services in the HSE/public sector.
- All applicants must be currently in practice
- Participants should have a previous Sensory Integration training and/or experience
- You must be available to attend all 6 days of this workshop
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.