Strengthening Communities of Practice (CoP) to enhance teaching of Evidence Based Practice (EBP) for healthcare learners
In person or online attendance
|Event Date||22 Nov 2023|
- Wednesday 22nd November from 1-4pm
- Room 225, Brookfield Health Science Campus T12 AK54
- or online
You are warmly invited to attend Hybrid Teaching & Learning Seminar - Webinar
on Wednesday 22nd November from 1-4pm.
Please see FLYER HERE for details and register your interest at the following link:
For those attending in-person, lunch will be provided before the seminar.
Please share this email with practice educators and other healthcare professionals in your network who may be interested.
- Dr Michelle Spirtos (Assistant Professor, Discipline of Occupational Therapy, TCD)
- Dr Emma O' Neill (Associate Professor, School of Veterinary Science, UCD)
- Dr Elaine Lehane (on behalf of College of Medicine & Health Research Project Team)
- Dr Donncha O' Gradaigh (Waterford University Hospital)
- Attendees will understand the core concepts of EBP and knowledge translation in healthcare education and build an awareness of how to deliver EBP teaching across clinical, professional and academic settings.
- Attendees will understand the core concepts of CoP, their relevance in the healthcare education context and their potential utility as a professional development learning tool for knowledge acquisition, knowledge sharing, knowledge translation and reflection on practice.
- Attendees will be provided with an overview of the EBP Educators Toolkit and how this resource may be used to enhance approaches to teaching, learning and assessment of EBP across higher education healthcare programmes.
- Attendees will reflect on the potential of communities of practice, as applied to the enhancement of the teaching of EBP, across clinical, professional and academic settings.
This seminar is supported by @UCC_CIRTL and @ForumTL.
Adverts for third party services, courses, vacancies or products do not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or validation by AOTI.