Webinar Series: Manual Handling with a focus on the Bariatric Client
3-part webinar series on managing manual handling for the bariatric client
|Event Date||11 Aug 2020 - 25 Aug 2020|
When: Tuesday 11th, 18th and 25th of August at 10am.
Where: on-line, a link will be sent to each registered applicant before each webinar.
As health professionals we are called upon as the experts in manual handling to both assist the client reach their goals but also ensure care workers remain safe at work. Although we are considered experts many health professionals struggle with their knowledge in three main areas:
- What keeps care workers and clients safe in moving and handling so they are giving quality advice
- How to prescribe, use and justify equipment in a time efficient fashion
- How to manage the needs of all people in the manual handling process
As a result they find themselves giving incorrect advice or continuously asking for supervision with difficult cases they don’t feel confident about. They can also waste time trialling equipment that is unlikely to work and feel they are unable to bill for this time when they don’t get an outcome. Finally, they can find managing the fall out from manual handling cases after assessments, through prolonged phone calls, much of which they find can make their workload explore. These situations can intensify when the client is a bariatric presentation.
In this webinar series we will explain the common mistakes we see health professionals make in addressing the manual handling concerns of their clients and how to avoid them. We will make particular reference to clients in the bariatric range. \
Session 1: EQUIPMENT:
The common mistakes health professionals make with prescribing, using and justifying equipment and how to avoid them
Session 2: PROCESS:
The common mistakes health professionals make when assessing, documenting and teaching risk management and manual handling and how to avoid them
Session 3: PEOPLE:
The common mistakes health professionals make when supporting the people in the process and how to avoid them
Grab your spot and I will speak to you on line
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this workshop.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the workshop is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the workshop following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.