ADVERT - Call for New members of NOTMAG Committee
Fantastic career development opportunity for Managers to play a leadership role in AOTI
We are seeking applications from AOTI members to join the National Occupational Therapy Managers Advisory Group (NOTMAG) Committee. This provides Managers with a fantastic career development opportunity with many benefits, including:
- An opportunity to play a key role in the Occupational Therapy profession in Ireland
- A unique CPD experience to learn and develop transferable skills in areas such as leadership, policy and strategy, and professional representation.
- A career development opportunity, particularly for newer managers, to learn and further develop their skills including developing personal effectiveness, managing people, change management and teamwork
- A chance to contribute to strengthening AOTI and the voice of Irish Occupational Therapy Managers in line with AOTI Strategy 2017-2022.
Applicants must possess the following qualities:
- Be a member of AOTI or be eligible for membership of AOTI
- Ability to devote sufficient time and energy to Committee duties including attendance at monthly meetings, quarterly NOTMAG meetings, taking a lead on an operational area, responding regularly to emails and follow-up on actions between meetings. A significant portion of the Committee’s work takes places outside of the arranged meeting times.
- Energy, commitment, enthusiasm, good problem-solving, interpersonal skills, ability to participate in group decision-making, integrity, high ethical standards and respect for privacy and confidentiality are skills of paramount importance.
The term of Committee members is normally 2 years with the option of a second term. Vacant positions are open to all practice areas to ensure balanced decision-making.
Applications are now welcome from suitably experienced AOTI members (or those eligible for membership of AOTI).
To apply for the role of NOTMAG Committee member, please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in joining the Committee as well as a brief CV outlining your career history.
Please submit applications to Gracia Gomez Kelly (Chairperson) at Gracia.Kelly@hse.ie and Cleonagh Culhane (Vice Chairperson) at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 21st October. Allqueries should alos be directed to the above emails.
Successful NOTMAG Committee applicants will be provided with a period of induction from current Committee members.
You can read full details of the benefits of being a member of the NOTMAG Committee and what the role involves here.
Gracia Gomez Kelly