ADVERT - Documents Committee: Call for New Members
Opportunity to gain valuable experience in a key professional role in AOTI
Would you like to play a central role in developing important professional resources for Irish occupational therapists? Are you passionate about supporting AOTI members to achieve the highest standards of professional practice? Would you like to gain valuable experience in a key role in AOTI?
AOTI is seeking volunteers to join the Documents Committee. The purpose of the Documents Committee is to oversee the production of AOTI documents such as position papers and guidelines. The development of these important professional resources, often compiled by AOTI Advisory Groups for members’ use, are a key aspect of AOTI Strategy 2017-2022. The Documents Committee ensures consistency in the quality of documents produced by the Association. AOTI’s vision is that a repository of high-quality professional resources are developed by the Association for members’ use and benefit.
Benefits of AOTI Documents Committee Membership include:
- Being part of a dynamic, stimulating and enjoyable Committee that provides an opportunity to network with other Occupational Therapists working across varied clinical and geographical areas
- Making a valuable contribution to the development of the Occupational Therapy profession in Ireland through ensuring the production of quality documents to strengthen professional practice
- Continuing professional development through the acquisition of knowledge in professional pathways and processes as well as skills in teamwork and critical appraisal
- Acquiring transferable skills in the development and implementation of professional documents and policies.
Is this Committee for you?
- Be a good team player and be able to play an active role in teamwork
- Demonstrate good analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Be committed to evidence-based practice and high professional standards
- Be willing to review proposals and documents covering a wide range of practice and service areas
- The Committee benefits from having a diverse skill mix among its members, ranging from those who are detail oriented to those who are big picture oriented
All Occupational Therapy grades are welcome to apply. Successful applicants will be provided with support from the Chair of the Documents Committee. The Documents Committee is supported to conduct its work by the Management Team and AOTI staff.
- Be a member of AOTI or eligible to become a member
- Be able to devote sufficient time and energy to Documents Committee duties including participation in monthly 2-hour meetings. Members will also be expected to engage in follow-up on actions between meetings and respond to email communications.
Applications will be reviewed by the Chair of the Documents Committee and the Chief Strategy Officer, followed by a 10-minute Zoom meeting to determine suitability in line with skill mix requirements. If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Documents Committee’. The cover letter should briefly outline your suitability for the Documents Committee. The deadline for the receipt of expressions of interest is Friday 10th of December 2021. Please contact Catherine Wyse, Chairperson of the Documents Committee, at email@example.com, with any queries.
We look forward to hearing from you