Exciting opportunity for members interested in communications
Recruitment of New Communications Committee Members
Would you like to play a key role in strengthening the voice of AOTI to advocate for the Occupational Therapy profession in Ireland? Are you passionate about the power of traditional and social media to highlight issues of importance to AOTI members? Would you like to gain valuable experience in communications and public relations (PR)?
AOTI is recruiting volunteers to serve on the new Communications Committee of the Association. This is a fantastic career development opportunity for all occupational therapists. We are seeking to expand our Communications Committee to up to eight members. The Communications Committee is overseen and supported by the Communications Lead and Communications Assistant Lead who sit on the AOTI Management Team.
It is an exciting time to join the AOTI Communications Committee as this September the Association contracted the services of Alice PR & Events, who will help us to grow and enhance our external communications and PR. The company will support the Management Team and the Communications Committee by providing training, support with issuing press releases and statements, and planning/implementing communications campaigns.
Benefits of Communication Committee Membership
Being a member of the AOTI Communications Committee offers many benefits including:
- Being part of a dynamic, stimulating and enjoyable Committee that provides an opportunity to network with other Occupational Therapists working across varied clinical and geographical areas
- An opportunity to play a key role in promoting the work of AOTI and the Occupational Therapy profession in Ireland
- A valuable CPD experience to learn and develop transferable skills in areas such as communications, public relations and media engagement
- A chance to contribute to strengthening AOTI and the voice of Irish occupational therapists in line with AOTI Strategy 2017-2022
Is this Committee for You?
We are interested in hearing from you if you have the following qualities:
- A good team player and willing to play an active role in teamwork
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and creativity including good writing skills and the ability to create engaging and accurate communications content
- Have a strong interest in communications and have experience using social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) personally and/or professionally
- Have good judgement, organisational skills and problem-solving ability.
- The Committee benefits from having a diverse skill mix among its members, ranging from those who are more comfortable with written communications (e.g. monitoring, composing and scheduling content on AOTI social media channels) to those who are comfortable with a more public form of communication and representation (e.g. being an AOTI spokesperson or doing a media interview)
Are You Interested?
You can find full details on the roles and responsibilities of the Communications Committee, the commitment required of successful applicants, and the selection process in the advert here. Having reviewed the advert, if you have any queries you can contact Naomi Algeo at email@example.com.
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and current CV to Naomi Algeo, Communications Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Communications Committee’. The cover letter should briefly outline your suitability for the Communications Committee. The deadline for the receipt of expressions of interest is Friday 25th of November 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you.