Join the AOTI Conference Committee!
Expressions of interest are now being sought from interested members
JOIN THE AOTI CONFERENCE COMMITTEE!
Following on from our successful the AOTI Virtual conference 2020, the AOTI Conference Committee are currently recruiting new members to become involved in the planning of the AOTI Conference 2021. This is a great opportunity for occupational therapists to contribute to the promotion of the profession, whilst networking and developing professional competencies and skills.
We are looking for occupational therapists who may have an interest in joining our conference committee subgroups:
- The Abstract Subgroup
- The Venue and Logistics Subgroup
- The Finance and Sponsorship Subgroup
- The Registration subgroup
- The Keynote and plenary speaker subgroup
Applicants must possess the following qualities:
- Be a member of AOTI.
- Have an ability to devote sufficient time and energy to Conference Committee duties including attendance at teleconferences, taking a lead on specifics tasks, responding to emails and follow-up on actions between meetings.
- Be good at problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Have an ability to participate in group decision-making.
- Demonstrate integrity, high ethical standards and respect of privacy and confidentiality.
Benefits of AOTI Conference Committee Membership
- An opportunity to attend AOTI Conference 2021 for free.
- A CPD experience for all grades of occupational therapists to enhance professional skills such as teamwork, feedback implementation, resource management and event planning.
- An opportunity to gain insight to the activities of your professional body.
- An opportunity to gain insight to the role of occupational therapy outside of your own practice setting, through the analysis of delegate feedback, conducting abstract reviews, attending conference presentations and networking.
Previous involvement or knowledge of the activities of the AOTI is not necessary and successful applicants will be provided with on-going support from current committee members and AOTI staff. Applications will be reviewed by the Conference Committee in consultation with the AOTI Management Team.
The deadline for the receipt of expressions of interest is the 8th January 2021. Please send a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com using the subject line Conference Committee Application.
We look forward to hearing from you.