Welcome to the Intellectual Disabilities Advisory Group
Who we are
The Intellectual Disability Advisory Group (IDAG) is a branch of the AOTI and consists of a group of Occupational Therapists either working with/or with a special interest in individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. This group has a small committee. Membership of IDAG is strictly limited to AOTI members.
What we do.
The aims of IDAG are:
- To encourage and promote the advancement of Occupational Therapy in Intellectual Disability.
- To be a resource for AOTI in matters relating to Intellectual Disability.
- To respond to emerging issues relating to Intellectual Disability policy practice and strategic development in Ireland through AOTI.
- To support continued professional development and networking opportunities within the field of Intellectual Disability through study days and CPD activities
Benefits of being a member
- The opportunity to make contact with Occupational Therapists who practice or have a special interest in the area of Intellectual Disabilities.
- The opportunity to participate in projects on practice development issues.
- IDAG aim to facilitate 1-2 study days per year. Topics for these days aim to reflect members’ interest areas.
- Provides a forum for members to highlight their CPD needs within the area of Intellectual Disability.