Welcome to the Vocational Advisory Group
Who we are
The Vocational Advisory Group (VOCAG) is a group for AOTI members working in clinical roles, leadership roles and education and who have a common interest in vocational assessment, vocational rehabilitation and vocational advisory roles.
The VOCAG Committee consists of Occupational Therapists with a range of experience and working in a variety of settings including acute care, rehabilitation, community, workplaces and private practice.
What we do.
The Vocational Advisory Group aims to:
- Support professional skills and promote the advancement of Occupational Therapy practice within the area of Vocational assessment, rehabilitation and advisory support in Ireland.
- Provide professional networking opportunities for sharing practice and developing resources for best practice guidelines.
- Promote continuing professional development through organising study days, Advisory Group meetings and circulating relevant conferences.
- Provide educational resources for pre-qualification Occupational Therapy.
- Contribute to research in Occupational Therapy vocational rehabilitation.
- Advocate and inform HSE, National Clinical Programmes, government, and policy makers regarding Occupational Therapy interventions in vocational rehabilitation, promoting equity of service provision for all.
Benefits of being a member
- Opportunity for peer support and networking with Occupational Therapists working nationally in a wide range of vocational services.
- Access study days at a substantially lower cost than non-members. In cases where study days are full, priority will be given to members first.
- Members feedback will inform content of study days.
- Remain up to date with research and practice developments in vocational services in Ireland.