Welcome to the Mental Health Advisory Group
Who we are
The Mental Health Advisory Group (MHAG) is a group of occupational therapists working in clinical practice, management and education with an interest in mental health policy, practice and strategic development in Ireland. We have a client centred ethos and members work in mental health service delivery across Ireland.
What we do.
- Encourage, promotes, facilitates and supports the advancement of Occupational Therapy practice within mental health service delivery in Ireland
- Is proactive and takes responsibility for networking, is strategic and influences policy development in Ireland
- Promotes continuing professional development within Occupational Therapy practice in mental health through publicity, attendance at relevant meetings, particiaption in consultations, liaison with educators, hosting study days and conferences
- Highlights for AOTI areas of new development or concerns regarding professional Occupational Therapy practice matters
- Responds to emerging issues, which relate to the practice of Occupational Therapy mental health settings
- Hosts one to two Study Days each year, focused on sharing learning among mental health occupational therapists. We encourage presentations from occupational therapists, educators and guest speakers as deemed relevant by the MHAG Committee
Benefits of being a member
If you wish to join please email MHAG@aoti.ie