Welcome to the Mental Health of Older People Advisory Group
Who we are
Welcome to the AOTI Mental Health of Older People Advisory Group.
The Mental Health of Older People Advisory Group (MHOPAG) is a newly-established group for Occupational Therapists who work in and/or have an interest in this area. We welcome members from practice, education and research.
The MHOPAG Committee consists of Occupational Therapists who work in a variety of roles and settings across Ireland, including acute, long-stay and community.
The purpose of the AOTI MHOPAG is to encourage, promote, facilitate and support the advancement of Occupational Therapy practice within the area of Mental Health Services for Older Persons. We aim to work in partnership with older persons with lived experience of mental health difficulties.
What we do.
The MHOPAG aims to:
- Advocate for and promote advancement of Occupational Therapy in Mental Health of Older People.
- Promote the role and skills of Occupational Therapists working in Mental Health Services for Older People.
- Promote and facilitate the sharing of expertise and resources with other occupational therapists working in Mental Health Services for Older People.
- Identify the learning needs of our members and provide CPD opportunities through events, study days and group emails.
- Collaborate with AOTI on emerging issues and policy development, and act as a resource on any relevant matters or queries.
- Create partnerships and collaborate with other related groups such as the Older Persons and Mental Health Advisory Groups
Benefits of being a member
The benefits of joining MHOPAG include:
- Opportunities to develop and share skills and experiences.
- Advocacy on behalf of MHOPAG members in consultation with the AOTI Management Team at a national level on issues relevant to mental health for older persons Occupational Therapy practice.
- Building collaborative working relationships with occupational therapists in similar clinical settings.
- Feedback from members will be used to guide the content of study days and highlight CPD and training needs to AOTI.
- Keep up to date with developments in Occupational Therapy in Mental Health of Older People.