Welcome to the Musculoskeletal Disorders and Chronic Pain Advisory Group
Who we are
The Musculoskeletal Disorders and Chronic Pain Advisory Group (MDCPAG) is a branch of the AOTI and consists of a voluntary group of occupational therapists concerned with the advancement of rheumatic and musculoskeletal and chronic pain management through education, research, advocacy and practice. This supports and fosters excellence in the care of person’s with arthritis, rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease.
What we do.
The MDCPAG Committee holds regular teleconferences throughout the year and the full Group meets twice yearly for Study Days. We organise and host relevant education opportunities, and also provide support, information and networking opportunities for OTs working in Rheumatology.
We also have a core working group, which does ongoing project work to promote the role of Occupational Therapy in rheumatology. Recent and current projects include:
- Development of a business case for the development of further Occupational Therapy posts in Rheumatology in Ireland
- Data gathering and review of clinical Occupational Therapy intervention in vocational rehabilitation which was presented at IRHPS in September 2018, entitled ‘Addressing employment’: A profile of the Demographics and Work-Related Status of Working-Aged clients Referred to Rheumatology Occupational Therapy Services in Ireland
- Ongoing engagement and involvement in the national clinical programme for Rheumatology
- Ongoing development of a Splinting Handbook
Benefits of being a member
- Access to regular education opportunities with Study Days twice a year
- Networking with experienced rheumatology occupational therapists and opportunities for support with clinical role
- Information sharing with other therapists
- Assisting with the advancement of Occupational Therapy posts in rheumatology in Ireland