Welcome to the Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Disorders Advisory Group
Who we are
The recently renamed Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Disorders Advisory Group (RMDAG) is a branch of the AOTI concerned with the advancement of rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders through education, research, advocacy and practice. This supports and fosters excellence in the care of person’s with arthritis, rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease.
What we do.
The RMDAG Committee holds regular teleconferences throughout the year and meets twice yearly for Study Days. We organise and host relevant educational opportunities and provide support, information and networking opportunities for OTs working in Rheumatology.
We have a core working group with ongoing projects to promote the role of Occupational Therapy in Rheumatology. Recent and current projects include:
- Data gathering and compilation of business cases to support development of further Occupational Therapy posts in Rheumatology in Ireland
- Ongoing engagement and involvement in the National Clinical Programme for Rheumatology and the HSE work stream for Rheumatology
- Development of a Splinting Handbook
Benefits of being a member
- Access to regular educational opportunities with Study Days twice a year
- Networking with experienced rheumatology occupational therapists and opportunities for support with clinical role
- Information sharing with other therapists