Call for New Members of the EBP & Research Committee
Evidence Based Practice (EBP) ensures that Occupational Therapists deliver high quality, safe and effective treatment to service users. Engaging in EBP means integrating research evidence, clinical reasoning and experience, service user perspectives and values, and contextual factors.
Would you like to gain valuable experience in a key professional role in AOTI?
The Evidence Based Practice and Research Committee is recruiting additional volunteers. This is a great opportunity for Occupational Therapists of all grades to contribute to the promotion of evidence based practice and research activities of the profession, whilst networking and developing professional competencies and skills.
Benefits of joining the EBP & Research Committee Membership
- Being part of a dynamic and enjoyable Committee that encourages networking with other Occupational Therapists working across varied clinical and geographical areas.
- Making a valuable contribution to the development EBP & Research activities of the Occupational Therapy profession in Ireland.
- Having an opportunity to collaborate with other organisations (e. g. HSCPs) and to represent AOTI EBP and Research Committee at external events.
- Engaging in a valuable CPD experience to enhance professional skills such as teamwork, feedback implementation, and event planning.
- A chance to use and develop project management, people management, and resource management skills.
- An opportunity to gain insight into the activities of your professional body and to play a key role in an important AOTI activity that is valued by members.
- Membership of the EBP & Research Committee will provide you with a very valuable, stimulating and rewarding professional development opportunity.
Applicants must possess the following qualities:
- Be a member of AOTI or be eligible for membership of
- Have an ability to devote sufficient time and energy to Committee duties including attendance at bi-monthly teleconferences, taking a lead on specifics tasks, responding to emails and following-up on actions between meetings.
- Have an ability to participate in group decision-making and have good interpersonal
- Have an interest and knowledge base relating to evidence-based practice and research activities.
Previous involvement or knowledge of the activities of AOTI is not necessary and successful applicants will be provided with ongoing support from current Committee members and AOTI staff. Applications will be reviewed by the Committee in consultation with the AOTI Management Team.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability and a current CV to [email protected] using the subject line EBP & Research Committee Application.
We look forward to hearing from you!