Conference Committee: Call for New Members
Opportunity to gain valuable experience in an important professional role in AOTI
Following on from another very successful AOTI virtual conference 2021, the Conference Committee is recruiting volunteers to become involved in the planning of the AOTI Conference 2022. This is a great opportunity for occupational therapists to contribute to the promotion of the profession, whilst networking and developing professional competencies and skills.
We are looking for occupational therapists who may have an interest in joining our Conference Committee subgroups, including the:
- Abstract Subgroup
- Venue and Logistics Subgroup
- Finance Subgroup
- Sponsorship Subgroup
- Registration Subgroup
- Keynote and Plenary Speaker Subgroup
- Communications Lead
Benefits of AOTI Conference Committee Membership
- An opportunity to attend AOTI Conference 2022 for free
- A CPD experience for basic grade and senior grade occupational therapists to enhance professional skills such as teamwork, feedback implementation, resource management and event planning
- An opportunity to gain insight into the activities of your professional body
- An opportunity to gain insight to the role of Occupational Therapy outside of your own practice setting, through the analysis of delegate feedback, conducting abstract reviews, attending conference presentations and networking
Applicants must possess the following qualities:
- Be a member of AOTI or be eligible for membership of AOTI
- Have an ability to devote sufficient time and energy to Conference Committee duties including attendance at teleconferences, taking a lead on specifics tasks, responding to emails and follow-up on actions between meetings
- Be good at problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Have an ability to participate in group decision-making
- Demonstrate integrity, high ethical standards and respect of privacy and confidentiality
Previous involvement or knowledge of the activities of the AOTI is not necessary and successful applicants will be provided with on-going support from current Committee members and AOTI staff. Applications will be reviewed by the Conference Committee in consultation with the AOTI Management Team.
The deadline for the receipt of expressions of interest is Friday 21st January 2022. Please send a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com using the subject line Conference Committee Application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
AOTI Conference Committee